IHA requires a highly motivated and organised individual to oversee and coordinate the goaltender specific components of the IHA Player Development Program. This position reports to the IHA Player Development Director and also requires communication and a strong working relationship with the IHA Coaching Director, High Performance Director and Women’s Director. This position will require excellent knowledge of the goaltending position with high level playing and/or coaching experience considered an asset. In addition, excellent skills in communication, organisation and management will be required. This is a voluntary role.
The specific duties include:
1. Implementation of a National Goaltender Development Program that aligns with the IHA National Player Development Framework and the IHA High Performance Program.
2. Assist the National Coaching Director with the implementation of a goaltender specific coaching program as well as improvements or additions to the overall National Coaching Program with respect to goaltending
3. Work with relevant IHA directors to establish a goaltender talent identification program
4. Ensure each member State has a suitably qualified goaltending coach to implement programs locally.
5. Work with member States to ensure local goaltender programs align with IHA objectives and meet world standards.
6. Advise IHA, member States, and goaltending coaches of new strategies and developments with respect to goaltending.
7. Serve as Convenor and Chair of the National Goaltender Coaching Council.
All applications are to be emailed to the General Secretary, Ice Hockey Australia email@example.com no later than May 5, 2019